Smart offices and facilities with automated lighting, air conditioning and security systems are gaining more and more popular among businesses for their accuracy and efficiency. Currently, the Covid-19 virus has affected most of the businesses globally and advanced biometrics and access control technologies can ensure more than just efficiency, they contribute to the workspace security by offering monitoring, detection and reporting, as well as by controlling access of unauthorised entrants without any hygienic risk.
Tackling threats in industrial environments
In addition to the hardhats, earplugs, gloves, gas masks, guardrails, harnesses, protective goggles and high visibility clothing which protects the workers on the job, latest digital technologies help in minimising the risk of communicable diseases. No-touch biometrics and proximity access control allows easy access in highly risky environments, and provide real-time analytics, advanced sensors and embedded systems a number of key functionalities:
No-touch biometric technologies
Advanced no-touch biometric access control technologies improve workplace safety on multiple fronts, first of they are preventive, and are free from any hygiene risk. Given the current scenario with Covid-19 and newer infectious diseases surfacing, they are a perfect solution for the future. Biometric access technology is fool-proof and completely eliminates the risk of unauthorised access to your facility.
- Iris recognition for access control from 11-15 inches (28-38cm) away
- Easy Non-intrusive, Non-contact User Interface
- Integrated Contactless Smart Card Reader
- Matching (1:N) one to millions template depending on architecture
- Contactless 3D fingerprint technology for access control
- Captures and matches 4 fingers on either right or left hand
- Stores 20,000 user records (2*4 fingers each) for for 1:N identification
- Wide-angle detection for persons of all sizes (1.20-2.00m)
- Touchless face sensor with contactless reader option
- Internal storage capacity for 20,000 user records extendable up to 40,000
Robust sensors integrated to detect presence and passage at doors and gates to a facility not only help in detecting unauthorised entry but also offer an automatic emergency opening for safe passage in an emergency. Additionally, video surveillance and live monitoring can avoid serious dangers.
- Real-time video analytics solution for monitoring and safety
- Monitors employee access to buildings or areas requiring authorisation
- Allows remote access and authentication management by operators
While RFID recognition technology is mostly used in automating rolling stocks to avoid accidents at logistics facilities, they can also provide easy and no contact access in hospitals for staff and patients. Thus reduce the risk of diseases spread through contact, and at the same time ensure no-pause convenient passage for medical staff to easily move around specific areas including sterile environments such as operating theatres and laboratories. Proximity detection systems utilise wearable or cards and fobs to track access and monitor workers’ locations.
Proximity access control for vehicles and people are preventive too, they allow safety personnel to know exactly where everyone is if an accident happens.
- Provides contactless access control
- With no human intervention UPass target offers vehicle identification 10m away
- Used as access control systems at industrial sites and logistic depots
- Offers hands-free door access solution powered by passive Ultra high frequency (UHF)
- Identifies people from 2m (6.5 ft) distance
- Suitable for indoor applications at hospitals, care homes and universities
It is high time that we utilise our technological resources to protect systems and personnel better and create smarter, safer and more sustainable environments.
Stebilex Systems is a leading supplier for innovative no-touch biometrics and other proximity and mobile access solutions by leading global brands. Our delivery channel across the Middle East is efficiently served by local offices in Dubai, UAE and Doha, Qatar. Talk to our product experts today to find the right solution for your physical security requirement. Stay safe, stay healthy.
Do you need help with your Access Control or Biometrics projects?
Let experts at Stebilex help you today.